Information That Will Help You On Cycling Interval Training
Cycling has become popular as a healthy exercise among everyone. Cycling has innumerable health benefits which tempt people to cycle on a regular basis. Most of the people prefer cycling for weight loss. Apart from a healthy exercise, cycling is considered as a sport by most of the people. Cycling is also the favorite hobby of many.
If you are interested in interval training then you must have detailed information about it. Through this article, all information about interval training has been explained briefly.
Interval training is basically a physical training since in this the body goes through strenuous exercises and low intensity exercise or rest alternatively. Cycling interval training is advertised as the best way to lose weight. During interval training since the body goes through vigorous exercise, the person loses weight at a faster rate. Even if the person does moderate cycling for the same duration the loss in weight is less as compared during the interval training.
Interval training is applicable to almost all exercises which keep us away from cardiovascular diseases. These exercises include rowing, running, swimming and cycling. All these exercises can have interval training.
Interval training in cycling is effective since cycling involves proper lower body workout. It is also beneficial for your cardiovascular health.
How to get started?
While starting interval training routines you must keep in mind few important points. The main objective of this method is to achieve a VO2 max interval which is scattered with rest or exercises of low intensity.
A VO2 max interval is an interval or a period in which the person exercises vigorously giving the maximum output. Intake of oxygen by the person exercising is also maximal in this case. Hence, for achieving the best possible results one must prefer high-intensity cycling. The cycling must be done at lesser intervals so that the cyclists give his maximum input while exercising. One must have an interval of 48 hours between his two sessions of exercise.
- For attempting to cycle in the interval training you must have an excellent fitness level. For most of the people it must be difficult to figure out what is their maximum capability. However, the maximum capability is the pain through which a person can go while cycling in the interval training period.
- A heart rate monitor is useful in such cases since it finds out your peak heart rates. You must aim to have at least 80 percent heart rate for sustaining the high intensity exercises during interval training. The intervals can be determined on the basis of duration, speed or distance. At VO2 max, any of the three components gives desired results.
- A warm up exercise is very important before you start your daily exercise, since it prepares the body for the pain it is going to bear throughout the training. A warm up exercise must start with four to five minutes of regular warm up. Then it must be followed with one minute of high intensity exercise which should again be followed by low intensity exercise for two minutes.
- Pedal at a comfortable speed during your recovery period. Repeat the exercise mentioned above from six to eight times. Just keep playing with the combinations of high and low intensity since it gives you a clear idea of about how long you can sustain the VO2 max interval. It also helps you determine the speed and duration which suits you. If you do not have a heat monitor, the rate at which your legs and lungs get tired will tell you about your capability.
Once your body gets used to this vigorous routine, you are ready to try out the high intensity exercises. Even when you do strenuous exercises make sure that the recovery period is same as before.
Benefits of Cycling Interval Training
Interval training is preferred and is coached by the professionals around the works since it has many benefits. The athletes and the sports person go for this training with the motive to enhance their endurance. A sports person or an athlete must have a great endurance capability which is taught during the interval training. The high intensity exercises also improve the health of the heart and lungs.
More benefits of cycling interval training are as follows:
- The stamina of the cyclists is increased and hence it is the perfect way to improve your endurance.
- The personal abilities and limits of the cyclists is identified. Apart from that, the threshold pain of the cyclists is also increased in regular training.
- The people who go for interval training are at the peak of their physical condition. This advance training takes your physical health to the next level.
Therefore, cycling interval training has lots of health benefits. It improves your strength, stamina and capability to withstand any painful conditions. Throughout the training the body is subjected to continuous pain which makes the trainees physically very strong.
Since, cycling interval training is a strenuous exercise most of you might be thinking it is basically for the professionals only. However, you are wrong. This training is for all those who are fit enough to withstand the training. The high intensity exercises in the training can be done only by those who can endure any pain and exercise.
The cyclists who are interested in doing stunts with bicycle can also join these interval trainings. Regular practice hones their skills and makes them the best stunts person. So, buy cycling shoes for spinning and start practicing regularly for better results. Cycling interval training on the other hand boosts your energy level and makes your stronger so that you can perform stunts easily.
Hence, if you have an excellent fitness level and you are looking for a chance to improve it, then cycling interval training is the best place for you. So, get started with the training. Set new goals in life and work harder to achieve them.
Hard work and perseverance is going to take you towards your destination!